Sunday, July 26, 2009

Alive again!

I found a proxy site that bypasses the system and allows me to access other sites. The only problem is it takes forever to load programs and download pictures etc. But I can update you so far:




This is me at the forbidden city--a ridiculously large place that had some really neat architecture. I took a lot of pictures of buildings, but after a while I realized that all the pictures look alike.








These buildings were all different--it just looks like I'm taking a picture in front of the same building three times here, and 15 times in my camera. But the place took almost 2 hours to walk through, and we walked straight through. We didn't have time to check out little buildings on the east and west part of the city. It was incredible.








We also went to The Great Wall, which is appropriately named. My camera couldn't pick this up, but it was neat to see the mountains in the distance with the wall lining the tops of the peaks.

This is a building from the university I am attending. This is a good landmark for me because the campus is so large it is easy to get lost. So I use this the same way Utahns use Y Mount and Mt. Timponogos as their marker. Or how Safford people use the Mountain Graham to keep their directions true.



This is YoYo. She picked me up from the airport, found me a place to live, and this day she took me out to dinner. We ate with another guy and his girlfriend--both very nice people who don't speak English.

Lesson learned: don't travel 4 miles in the rain on foot to do your laundry when your laundry bag is paper.

3 comments:

  1. Reidster I miss you! It looks like you are having a fantastic time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha!! Love the laundry pic! And all the other too - brings back memories of my little trip last year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reid! These are great! Wow I can't believe you've been in China! I'm a little jealous. ;) But mostly just happy that you're having a good time!

    ReplyDelete